Lunch at South Bank
Visit River Quay Fish for a Delicious and Memorable Lunch at South Bank
If you’re looking for a new favourite place to have lunch at South Bank, you’ve come to the right place. River Quay Fish is a waterfront restaurant and bar serving locally sourced seafood in a variety of delectable dishes in a fun and stylish environment. Our prices are affordable, our staff is friendly and attentive, our views are lovely, and our food is flavourful – what more could you ask for? Book a table with us soon to experience all Brisbane lunch restaurants have to offer.
Indulge in a Lavish Lunch at South Bank
Whether you’re enjoying a midday meal or a late lunch mid-afternoon, lunch on the Brisbane River is an excellent choice. We are passionate about exceptional service and delicious, professionally prepared food and drinks, so be sure to come by and dine with us while you’re in town – we’ll do our best to make sure that you leave happy. We also welcome our local customers and do everything we can to ensure that each experience you have with us exceeds your expectations. Looking for lunch ideas? Here are a few to get you started.
- When you’re in the mood for a lighter bite, we invite you to choose from our starter menu, featuring a selection of tasty and hearty appetisers. Our starters include Warmed Olives, Marinated Octopus, Bruschetta, and Toasted Sourdough Garlic Bread – enough to share at the beginning of your meal or to keep all to yourself as your meal. We attend to every detail, ensuring that every dish is cooked to perfection and served with all the extras you need to enjoy it to the fullest.
- Lunchtime is the right time for a tasty salad, and we have a wonderful selection of salads of varying sizes and fresh ingredients. Our support for local produce shines in our salads with ingredients such as spinach, zucchini, apple, walnuts, avocado, cherry tomatoes, olives, and more. Be sure to try the Smoked Salmon Salad, served with rocket, toasted almonds, and parmesan chips, full of surprising flavour and a blend of delightful textures.
- Maybe salad isn’t your thing – or perhaps you prefer a little (or a lot of) meat with your greens. We’ve got you covered with a classic cheeseburger: a juicy beef patty served with cheese, tomato, slaw, and BBQ sauce. Add bacon if you’d like – we won’t judge. We also offer other sandwiches ideal for lunchtime, including our Fish Burger (a beer-battered fish fillet topped with tomato, lettuce, tartare slaw, pickles, and aioli) and our Vegan Burger for the plant-based eaters among us (a Vegan patty, vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, and vegan aioli).
- Of course, if you’re just passing through and this will be one of the only times you dine with us, then you may be of the mind that lunch at South Bank in Brisbane wouldn’t be complete without trying the fresh seafood. We have a variety of delicious seafood dishes to satisfy even the most discerning seafood lover. Try our shareable Seafood Platter or another of our customer favourites, such as Beer Battered Fish and Chips, Atlantic Salmon, Yellowfin Tuna Tataki, Chilli Prawn Linguini, or our popular Market Fresh Whole Fish.
Treat Yourself and Your Companion to Dinner at South Bank
Dinner on the Brisbane River is a unique and memorable experience. Whether you’re just visiting or you live nearby, we can delight your tastebuds with our fish tacos, mussels, or Coffin Bay oysters in Brisbane. Our dinner menu includes starters, oysters, salads, seafood, burgers, steaks, desserts, and share platters for when you’re dining with one or more friends. Not sure what to order? Here are a few suggestions.
- Seafood Platter for 2. This unbelievable platter features grilled fish, fresh prawns, calamari rings, fried whitebait, a selection from our oyster bar in Brisbane, chips, aioli, and broccolini – plenty of everything for two people. Add more for an additional per-person fee. This is an excellent choice when you aren’t sure what you want – but you know you want seafood.
- Oyster Platter. Are you in search of some great oysters in Brisbane? Let us prepare them for you. Enjoy our Natural (gluten-free), Thai with Nam Jim (gluten-free), or Kilpatrick oysters with a splash of lemon juice – or dressed to your liking. Are you trying oysters for the first time? Don’t be intimidated – eating oysters is fun and easy, and don’t be surprised if you walk away with a new favourite delicacy.
- Wok Tossed Mussels. We’ll serve up a full kilogram of wok-tossed mussels in Brisbane along with creamy tomato, crusty bread, rocket, and lemon to enjoy alongside them. We think you’ll love the mild flavour and tender chewiness of these from-the-sea treats. Mussels are perfect partners with many of our beers and wines as well – we recommend a shared bottle of Rockbare Rose or, to keep things a little more casual, an ice-cold Coopers Original Pale Ale.
- Fish Tacos. We know how to do fish tacos in Brisbane right – by keeping it simple and all about the flavours. We start with fresh battered fish, then add cabbage slaw and jalapenos to traditional corn tortillas. We’ll serve you two generous tacos with a fresh lemon wedge to really take the flavours to new heights.
- We would be remiss if we failed to mention our delectable assortment of end-of-meal indulgences. From ice cream with chocolate flakes and toasted almonds to cheese plates complete with beetroot hummus dip, lavosh, grissini, quince paste, and fruit, we have the perfect way to bring your dinner to a close. Don’t miss our Sticky Date Pudding with vanilla ice cream – and be sure to ask about our cheesecake of the week.
Other Noteworthy Options at River Quay Fish
A mouth-watering noon or evening meal by the water isn’t all we do at River Quay Fish. We offer a range of dining options, including:
- Breakfast. You don’t have to wait until lunchtime to start enjoying our irresistible menu. When you have an early meeting or you’re just hungry in the morning, we have you covered. We offer a scrumptious brekky menu featuring an array of eggs, waffles, and fresh fruits, along with plenty of tempting specialty dishes and all the extras you need to make your breakfast absolutely perfect, from pesto and avocado to bacon and smoked salmon.
- Picnic hampers. Choose a delicious meal for two or four and take it onto the grass to enjoy along with the pleasant atmosphere and beautiful views. (In case you’re wondering, yes, you can even take drinks.) Get comfortable on the well-maintained River Quay Green and get ready to indulge in our perfectly selected portions and a long conversation with a good friend or three as you take in the amazing skyline and stress-busting waterfront scenery.
- Takeaway. Sometimes, eating at home is the right move, whether you’re spending the evening in with someone special or treating yourself to some quiet time complete with good food and a good movie. Ordering online is easy – and when you’re done, swing by our South Brisbane location to pick up your food. Whether you’re trying to avoid crowds or avoid socialising for the night, we have the solution.
- Gift vouchers. Are you looking for the perfect gift for someone you know who is celebrating a birthday or anniversary? Perhaps you would like to say “thank you” to someone who has done something nice for you recently. Whatever the reason for the gift, a special night out dining by the river makes a lovely and welcomed gift. Purchasing a gift voucher is easy –fill out our online form, and we’ll send it to your recipient with a message explaining who it’s from.
About River Quay Fish
River Quay Fish is located on the sparkling Brisbane River and boasts stunning views and the perfect setting for your casual or business lunch or romantic dinner. We offer a range of premium seafood options alongside a quayside bar. Choose a table, picnic hamper, takeaway, or one of our other special offers – truly the best way to enjoy waterfront dining. Our menu includes a wide range of choices, from breakfast and lunch to dinner and desserts. We used fresh, locally sourced seafood and local produce wherever possible. Don’t forget to complete your meal with one of our signature cocktails. We invite you to rediscover the joy of dining – book your table or contact us here for information about catering and functions.